Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The Shredded T-Shirt

One of my favorite blogs is www.outsapop.com. This woman thinks outside the box when it comes to re purposing clothing. Whilst perusing her blog I saw the Outsapop T-shirt shredding tutorial.

"Oh! I can do this."

I did do it. It takes great patience and time. Loads of patience and loads of time. I would do it while watching TV and between calls at work. Today I finished it with its trim, sleeves and neckline.


Shredded Tee shirt
I know this is probably soo last year for a lot of people, but come on, I live in Iowa. We are always a tad bit behind. My co-workers would ask, "What are you doing?" When I told them they just raised an eyebrow. Mark wanted to know where and with what I was planning to wear it. It's a tad, umm, see through. Nothing a black tank or cami can't cure.

I'm pretty darned impressed with myself. It actually came out the way I envisioned it. It started out as an XL T-shirt. I of course forgot to take a before picture. After shredding the shirt I shortened the sleeves. Ack! Sleeves are one of the banes of my existence since I have stub arms. The neck is the bottom of a black t-shirt and the trim is the cut off hem of said black t-shirt.

Guess what I am wearing to work to day?


No comments: